A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Latin Birthday Wingding


We partied at Taco Milagro Restaurant & Tequila Bar last night and both Rachel and Patti were there to celebrate my birthday (as well as Veron's) with me. It's a shame you weren't there, Veron, but not to worry, you were in our thoughts. It's been 30 years since I last saw Rachel and I haven't seen Patti for at least 5 years so it was quite the momentous event. It made for an extra-special birthday. Magaganda pa rin sila as ever and their dance moves blew me away! We had an awesome time catching up and dancing salsa, merengue and bachata. I'm trying to get both of them to go to salsa classes with me and we all agreed that it would be good for the body as well as the soul. Here are a few pics from the party.

They look amazing, don't they?

Patti dancing Merengue w/
my dance buddy

Rachel shows off her moves too

Do you see Rachel?

Just plain old me

13 comments:

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

You all look awesome!!! I wish I was there too to celebrate our birthday. I love to dance...I could dance almost everything. I love Tango also. You all look beautiful girls!!!

Melle said...

You all look pretty, happy and enjoying your dance. Belated Happy Birthday and best wishes to Veron & Geegee!

Patti Concepcion said...

Hey Gee,

I had so much fun. Thank you again for the invitation. It was soooo wonderful to see you and Rachel again. I am serious about the salsa lessons. So I will be checking out the schedule for April. Vamos a bailar! :)

P.S. Happy Birthday, Veron!

Ruth C. said...

It looks like you had fun!! Ang gaganda pa din ninyo!!
Wish I am in Texas also to join you sa dance classes..I am game..

Anonymous said...

Way to go, ladies. You all look gorgeous, happy and fulfilled. Boogie the night away or life, just boogie Geegee, Pattie, Rachel, Veron! My heartfelt birthday wishes to all the pretty ladies of March.

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

Thank you girls...

Geegee McFarlain said...

Ruth and Veron --- Come on down and salsa with us!!!!

oddie said...

Wishing Gee2 and Veron a belated Happy Happy Birthday! May your lives be filled with God's blessings!
Dancing is always good!

Mildred said...

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEEGEE AND VERON. Check your E mails, I sent you something special. Remember, you are loved by all the NIGHTINGALES !!
MILDRED

Geegee McFarlain said...

Mildred --- loved the belated happy bday ecard. Dat was so tweet. It meant a lot to me. Thanks so much. Love and miss you, former roommate... mmmwah!!!!!

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

Thank you, Mildred...That is so sweet of you.

Mildred said...

Geegee and Veron,thank you too for the ecards sent by both of you. Ah, the joy of modern technology.....

Mildred said...

Veron,we hope that the surgery of your niece went well today with no complications. We will keep on praying, remember,"GOD IS GOOD". WE ALL LOVE YOU!!