A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Menopause, a Guitar, and Potentially Missing the Reunion

It's so good to hear from you, Larcy. Ah, the joys of menopause. The age when the thermostat can either be your friend or your enemy. Your posting reminds of "Menopause: The Musical." Welcome to the blog!

Hi Julie. I am glad you liked the prayer by Max Erhmann. His "Desiderata" is another favorite. I wonder why it made you think that I still play the guitar. Actually, I left my guitar in Manila when I moved to the US in 1983. I do miss it. I've planned so many times to get another one, but I never got around to it. Perhaps, it is just as well. I've closed that chapter in my life anyway.

I will miss seeing you - all of you - because I may not be able to go to the reunion after all.

It's a bit difficult as a single mom with a mortgage and a son in college (soon to be joined by another in the fall). I'll see what I can come up with but I may have to skip the reunion again this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Patti,
How can I forget the Patricia who strings her guitar during college when there were occasions and none. You sing well! And it is clear, the artists in you remains. Your lyrical writes, visual presentation, your blogs sharing your fave poems; Desiderata is a classic! Honestly, I can see you in an advertising agency for you have the combination of visual and lyrical eyes; as well as the feelings. And this boldness to step out of the societal molds. More so if one is pinay!
I do remember, pretty well. How about that for someone who has gone through major medical upheavals, ano. I am so excited pa naman to see you during the reunion. I hope you can still make it, it is still a long way from now.

Manongdo said...

Patti, Please, please, please come to the reunion. :-)