A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I am 50+1 and....

...at this stage in my life, I promise myself

To be strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
To forget mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.
To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

by Christian D. Larson, modified by The Secret

7 comments:

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

This is great. May you enjoy another 50 years if your outlook in life will be this way...I am with you all the way up...

Manongdo said...

Way to go Patti! Perfect words and ideals....but I didn't know you were older than us?! :-) Just kidding....Cynthia

Susan T said...

Just turned 50 last September.
Still in denial (for now). More power to you Patti. Is this the "SECRET"? Maybe you are right, this is the secret to happiness.
I am not promising but I will try.
Cynthia, remember me?

Anonymous said...

Hello Patti,
Ang ganda niya, this is my first encounter with this text, is "The Secret", a book?. I will copy the text and read it over and over again like a mantra specially when I am down and to remind me that I am who I am. But I can still be better, even when I am 51..kasi tinuldukan ko na edad ko at 50. Ayoko ng magbilang ng puting buhok!
Thanks for the poem.....

Patti Concepcion said...

The title of this piece, which I forgot to mention, is the "Optimist's Creed." It is found on the website of "The Secret" (http://www.thesecret.tv/).

It's message is a good antidote to the negativity that surround us. I just believe life is too short to allow a rain cloud to follow you everywhere you go.

Life is certainly not rosy, but one's outlook certainly has a tremendous impact on it, whatever the circumstance. The ability to see the glass half full makes it a bit more bearable. Right, Julie?

Just my two centavos. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Patti, I can not agree more. Somebody like me who has a choice to live, die or just perish must look at the glass. I sat with the country' s famous and well-loved clinical psychologist, Dr. Ma. Lourdes Carandang before I went under the knife. I was a bedlam. I told Honey in tears galore, “I feel like this puzzle that I cannot put together and trying very hard to put the pieces together but I just can’t, just can’t”. Honey only said “then don’t.” “Trust the process.” And from then on, I trust the process. The glass will always be half-full or half –empty but what is important is what’s inside the glass we carry. Mine definitely is colored.

Melle said...

Very well said Patti! I totally agree that one's positive outlook in life will make a huge difference.

Each one of us desire to feel good. And I believe the standard of success in life is not the things or the money, the standard of success is absolutely the amount of joy you feel.

I admire you for your strength and courage to move on and for listening to the voice within that tells you to go forth into the unknown with massive optimism.

I trust that you will keep up with your promise! I'm with you 100%!