A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I AM 50 AND I AM LOVING IT

Julie, you have a good insight into a lot of things. You think deep and with substance. You are strong, steady and firm in spite of all the ordeals in your life. You are an example to all of us and we salute you. You gave me a challenge to express myself. This is not an easy task but I will try my best. You said to start with this-----
I AM 50 AND I AM LOVING IT. Rene and I had been married for 26 years and in fact our anniversary is this coming March 18. We raised 3 wonderful girls, all are deeply involved in our church here in New York. I only worked as a nurse for 10 years here in America and the rest of the years, I devoted all my life to my family- my husband , my kids and my church community. I loved every minute of being a stay -home mom because I got to be close to my children and was able to guide them in each stage of their lives. I was there during their ups and downs, mentored them, rejoiced with them and cried with them. I was there during their piano, violin, flute, guitar and singing lessons. I was there during their recitals and concerts. I became active in their school and was even elected in the SCHOOL BOARD.Nursing is a challenging job but "DOMESTIC ENGINEERING" is the hardest of all. I was on call for 24 hours. Now that they are almost out of the house, my youngest one is going to be in College in August, I feel so fulfilled be cause I know that my husband and I did a good job in raising them.They are all walking with the LORD. They have gone to Missions trips in different places like Albania, Ecuador, Africa, Hawaii and Russia. They are very steady and strong in their Christian walk. I am 50 and I am proud of it. I feel fulfilled, energized and ready to move forward for whatever God wants me to do in my life.In PSALM27:14 it says- "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD. MILDRED

3 comments:

Melle said...

Well done Mildred! Happy Wedding Anniversary on the 18th and warm regards to your family.

Anonymous said...

Mildred, I have just open the site this lunchtime here. Since the blog was created I am addicted to it already and always check our site first before trading and then I change my morning rituals, for I cannot afford to lose more in the trading game as market is highly volatile this time. But I take my hats off to you, women who chose to put family first above everything. You and Melle have chosen the path of family life and welfare. If I have a family, too, family above all else. For I chose to have a family, I chose to bring children to this world, thus it is my job to nurture my family until the time to set them free and let them fly; and if they find their wings wounded, they will always return to Mama. Family comes first, children above everything. I am so touched by everybody's gesture and deeply humbled by all your responses. This site is cathartic. And all I can say is please accept my honest, warmth and sincere thank you, If I get to see you there, I am gonna give you a bear hug.
Always thanks,
Julie

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you...I am very proud of you and Rene for raising such beautiful, talented and very smart children... Your dedication to your family brought you good fortune and success to your career "Domestic Engineer"...you are blessed with a loving and understanding husband who supported you all through out your married life...May God continues to flourish you with love for the next 26 years to come...Veron