A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Surviving Cancer

Oddie,

Thank you for those words of encouragement from the scriptures.

You know, if it was not for my faith, I would have given up. By God's grace ,I was not depressed nor did I give up hope. It was during those trying moments when I was the most productive. I went to the gym everyday and attended my aerobic classes, even if I was the only bald person in the locker room. I visited Veron in NJ, and I did not stop working. I also traveled to Europe. How did I do it? I did all those in between treatments. Before I knew it, I was done with surgery, 6 months of chemo followed by radiation therapy.

For some reason, I felt the Peace that only comes from GOD. I reminded myself of His promise in John 14:27. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. not as the world. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." ....and that was what I experienced...PERFECT PEACE

Rachel

No comments: