A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Naughty Nightingales

What nickname did we give Mrs. Espiritu? "Coci"? We were so mean and naughty. You know sometimes I felt bad about making fun of her since she is my Mom's classmate but she is so fun to pick on kasi hindi siya napipikon.

How about Miss Baula? I remember , I used to forge her signature so Manog Danny will allow me to get in the dorm after curfew, coming from a date with Eli who is now my husband of almost 30 yrs.

Rachel

4 comments:

Manongdo said...

We also called her Espirikitik ! We called our biology instructor Dr.....I forgot his name but we called him cocci kasi parati shang may acne..hi..hi..hi..

oddie said...

Cynthia...maldita ka ha!!! did not know we also called her Espirikitik
I can just picture her walking around with that scrubs hat covering her whole forehead, almost her eyes...poor lady...we love her though, didn't we????

Manongdo said...

Yes, I was very maldita when I was young. Now, I appreciate all our instructors and all their knowledge/expertise which they tried to share but was so immature to understand.I realize now that our nursing curriculum was outstanding and can not compare to the universities here in America. I am impressed with St. Lukes graduates. di ba 100% passing rate sa State Boards.! ! :-)

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, just re-reading your post makes me realized why my high-school years were obliterated by my college. College was really fun and highly educational. Our courses were designed as a pre-medicine proper BS course. All our subjects and teachers were outstanding; and us girls are outstanding. 100% board passers tayo, hindi kaparis ngayon.