A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Surviving Cancer


I am also a breast cancer survivor for two years now. I was diagnosed few days before my 50th birthday. My diagnosis did not stop me from going to Disney that Christmas eve and joined with Disney's Christmas Carol. I had a lumpectomy a month after and radiation by March. My Oncotype turned out good and so no chemo for me. Last year in May I am one of the breast cancer survivors who modeled for The 6th Annual Day of Caring for Breast Cancer Awareness here in Miami. Now I am actively involved with this group. There are so many activities and support groups that I could join with my doctors prompting me to do it but really it is only my faith in God that give me the assurance and peace that everything will be okay. He gave me my life and He can take it anytime He wants. There is nothing that I can complain about,but in everything, I give Him thanks. I've had all those good and bad experiences and still I turn out okay and alive and sane and happy and contented! God is the source of my strenght and He allows undesirable things to happen to me so I can be a testimony to others. Still keeping my faith and never giving up! He is the source of my security, my peace and my everything. It is so great to be a child of God and have Jesus in our life because He can make something difficult to be easy and something unbearable can be bearable. Speaking from my own life experiences. We grow stronger with each blow. So make every minute of your life a time of rejoicing and thanksgiving and remember that He will never leave us nor forsake us. And lastly, I 'm praying for all of you my dear classmates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dedel, thank you for your testimony. This new affliction that affects women of today is such a menace! Congratulations is in the order for you have endure. You are tested and you passed. We are all taught a lesson and we all learned and that is exactly what we are doing, encouraging everybody that life is not a bed of roses but we can be roses. Stay happy.