A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Friday, March 7, 2008

Hello class 78!

My God, golden girls na tayo. It took me this long to post because I was in total denial. I can't recognize half of our classmates...sometimes even myself (ako ba yon naka pj? Parang wala pa nga ako sa mga class pics natin. Matagal na pala akong party pooper.
Forgive me if I forget your names sa reunion just think of me as demented Larcy. I'm planning to go to NJ to see Liza B, Chato and the Herreras. I missed the mini reunion here in LA with Joyce and the group.
What a wonderful creation this worldwideweb isn't it? Patti, thanks for thinking about creating this site for us. I hope this is only the beginning of our bonding. So many things to talk about, struggles, triumphs, husbands, sweeties, children, in-laws (kasama sa struggles) etc.
The most difficult challenge I've yet to shake is this horrible menopause. One day, I yelled at home and said "hey who turned off the thermostat." Literally one minute i was so burning hot and by the time na tanggal ko na ang mga damit ko, gininaw naman ako. Para akong nasa freezer. And I am very emotional worse pa than PMSing. HRT is not for me due to my mom's history of uterine ca.
I will look for our school pictures and post them as soon as mag kick in and antidepressant na ininom ko kanina.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Larcy,
Ako din, I am frightened that when I go nobody will recognize me, and worse I will have a difficult time recognizing everybody. Siguro ako maglalagay ako ng name tag like the kinders here.And menopause, I never expected that would happen to me as well, for I am in coumadin since age 27 then at 50 oops..gone. But coumadin continues and with my heavy drugs grabe ang mood swings ko. It is great to hear from you Larcy, I hope to see you there.
Thanks,
julie

Melle said...

Hi Larcy! At last nahuli din kita! Haha! The last time we met was in June 1982 in LA. I could hear your voice and laughter after reading your post. I believe you were one of the classmates whom I laughed with most of the time when we were on duty. I still enjoy giggling and laughing. I think it makes life so easy.... I hope to see you again, if not this upcoming reunion maybe some other time.(when you have gotten over the mood swings)! LOL
I am so delighted to hear from you!

Melle

Manongdo said...

You made me laugh too cause you were always direct to the point and outspoken. I do not have hot and cold flashes yet but one of this days I'm sure it will creep up on me too. Mood swings? I've had that since college everytime Spain does not live according to my expectations...poor boy.. I must have tortured him then. :) I am 50 and very happy with dennis.:)

oddie said...

Hi Larcy.. you know what I remember about you is your laugh...you were always happy...
lilipas din yang menopause, don't worry....
see you at the reunion.....