A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I am 50+....#2

Here's another one:
I am 50+ and.....I am not sure if I am in the menopausal or post menopausal or what? stage. Sometimes, I am sad, other times I am glad. There are times I easily get irritated, other times I am very patient. It does not matter what the weather is, I am always hot or warm. The surge of those hot flashes come when you least expect, whether I am giving a shot, starting an IV, drawing blood or whatever, whenever.. A lot of times I love to be intimate, but there are times I just do not want to be touched. I feel very sociable most of the time, other times I'd rather withdraw. I laugh out loud one day, I cry easily the next..I looked forward to being "empty nest" before but now that I am, I miss my children. I pass by their bedrooms everyday and I always have that "lonely" feeling inside. I love to reminisce and remember. I am beginning to enjoy hanging out with other ladies my age and talk about the past. I appreciate karaoke and ballroom dancing more than ever. I am more careful about my health and more caring of my skin. So, are all of these happening to me because I am 50+? Are all these and more what 50 and plus all about? Tell me:):):). As if I really do not know..ha,ha,ha,ha....Welcome to the 50's....

BTW, has anyone seen the Red Hat Society's play HATS! HATS! It is all about women in their 50's.. My husband and I watched it last year and we had a ball!! It was his first play ever to see and he said if all plays are like that he will go again..It was hilarious!!! I encourage everyone to watch it. I think it is scheduled to be shown in Las Vegas sometime this year as well as in Northern, California (Roseville--is this near Sacramento?) and Florida...You will have fun, I guarantee...

2 comments:

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

Welcome to the club...It is sad and frustrating to experience these changes. You know every woman will get to this point. Just be aware and don't get too hard on yourself. I am sure Val is very understanding and is giving you alot of support. Take care.

Ruth C. said...

Hi Veron!
Thanks! The changes are real. No woman can deny these..But I deal w/ it mostly in a spiritual perspective and it works well for me. Plus diet and exercise, of course.
Yes, Val is very supportive..At this point, even men go through some changes, so we try to support and understand each other; and we talk about it..This is one thing about Val- he really cares and is very understanding about what and how I feel..."When God made him, HE must be thinking about me"--it is a song.:):):)..