A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

SLANFUSA

Hi everyone! Did everyone had a nice Easter? Good, I am glad we all did. It is like Crhistmas, a new beginning...

I need every one's vote about placing an AD for the SLANFUSA journal 2008 Grand reunion. It is $200 with colored picture. We can get the payment from our funds we collected for membership for our class.

I am also looking at the Internet about "Class '78 Field Trip..." group rate.
Anyone interested please write on the blog. The more the better. We can get a group rate discount. July 4th for "NAPA VALLEY" winery. It is about 7 to 9 hours day activity. We will start very early after breakfast. You will still have a chance to attend the Necrological Service and Hospitality Night. July 5Th for those who are not attending the CEU class will take San Francisco tour ( 2 hours Bay cruise. Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz only.)We can have lunch at Fisherman's wharf.
We can still visit Lombard street (crooked road)...take a trolley to the city from the wharf...maybe we can do more that day. July 6Th, continental breakfast offered by the SLANFUSA and then mass and picnic. These are only tentatives. I will need every one's vote, suggestions and comments...

I will email you the forms you needed for the reunion or you may log on
slanfusa.com for more informations about accomodations and group rates for Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Hear from you soon!

Veron

14 comments:

oddie said...

Veron, am interested sa Winery tour on July 4th....are we paying full registration fee still? Maybe there is a breakdown like if attending only july 5 and 6 ?

Manongdo said...

I'm okay sa $200. ad for our class.Veron count me in sa Winery tour but not on the San Francisco tour, I've taken it multiple times whenever family comes to visit. I'm glad you are taking on this project :-) Cynthia

oddie said...

Veron, I'm ok with the $200.00 Ad.
Has Chairman Mildred responded to you?

Mildred said...

Veron, when do you need the money for the ad? Cora will be back in April. Call her by then. It is nice of you to head this endeavor. I will vote for you as the next President of our class. Remember, the next election will be this coming July and I will call to cast my absentee ballot.

Ruth C. said...

Veron,
I am also ok with the $200. ad.
Not sure yet about the tours. Will let you know ASAP. Can our family join us in case they want to go?

Anonymous said...

Veron,
Is it okay to give my decisions once I get there? Thanks a lot for setting this trip. As a new visitor to California, I am ready for any trip. Kahit na nga sa ano nga tawag ng mga intsik doon sanpan tour nila, madumi naman ang ilog nila, sakay pa rin ako pero mas malinis pa naman sa ilog namin sa Meycauayan, at rumaragasang wave sa Ilocos Norte, ok din sa akin. Cowboy ako eh. Marami pong Salamat.

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

OK. What about the rest?

Odie, Dinnere dance is $75 postdate by April 4.

Mildred, deadline is April 30. I can wait for Cora.

Ruth, Julie and Cynthia,
we can see San Francisco by car. It was just a suggestion.

I am hoping that more people could join us with the tour to Napa Valley.

Melle said...

Hi Veron, If I make it to San Francisco I will join the Napa Valley Tour. Please check on the Wine Country Tour Shuttle,it includes a picnic lunch in Napa Valley and a Ferry/Bay Cruise from Napa Valley to San Francisco where you will get close to Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge, the city of San Francisco, as well as the Golden Gate Bridge during sunset from a short distance away.( we will have time to take plenty of photos) BTW, how many of us are really attending the reunion? Nothing is final with my trip yet because as of today return fare quotes from Sydney to San Francisco is over $3000. I am still hoping to get a better deal even if I have to wait till the last minute. I've been to San Francisco 3 times.I just really want to see you all this time and I am head over heels when Gary told me this is an event that shouldn't be missed! I will let you know soon as I have it all organized.

Mildred said...

Veron, have you heard from your future balae, RACHEL? I e-mailed her but did not get any response. I hope she is okay. She hasn't been in the blog for a while now. I hope she is not sick.
Rachel, just in case you are there, I'll be in HOUSTON on JUNE 13-16. I will meet you , Pattie,and GEEGEE at your house on June 15 probably in the afternoon. I will call you okay.

Anonymous said...

Veron, I really like the Napa Valley tour. Thanks a lot pal.

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

Don't worry Julie and Melle, we'll make sure that every minute of your vacation will be exciting and full of laughter...a memory that you will treasure one more time.

Manongdo said...

Melle and everyone, my contact numbers in Rachel's sheet is semi right. I still own the house in Florida (its empty right now) but I live with my newer husband Dennis Elmido in Sacramento California. My address is 8908 Brookstown Place, Elk Grove California 95624... Cell Phone number is (707) 315-9737. :-) Wanna buy a cheap house in Florida?....LOL.. I do have a two bed room time share you all can use during your stay here in USA its for one week based on availability. but I need dates and time. The location does not have to be in Florida or California. Its with RCI and includes international location. I have not used this timeshare since i bought it 10 years ago. may be its time to use it.......:0 las vegas?

oddie said...

Cynthia...did you really mean new and improved husband???? was the other one defective??? like a "return merchandise- damaged goods, may exchange or refund?"
just kidding!!!!

Manongdo said...

actually yes, the other one was american model and this one is pinoy so syempre an improvement.. :) I did not get a refund when I returned the first one but it was worth getting rid of him for my family's future safety, medyo unreliable kasi yong american model. Now that I'm old, I learned that it is partly the drivers fault in picking the wrong model to drive, specially if its a long and bumpy road. No warranty on any of them, no instructions/guidance either on handling them inspite of all the prayers and tears I shed (or maybe I was too hard headed to listen). I'ts sometimes hard to deal with "yours, mine and ours" situation.But we work it out. :) I am happy and at peace with myself.God really takes care of his children specially the prodigal child. :) See there is hope for me.. :)