A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Did You Know?

Easter this year is: Sunday March 23, 2008.
I got this e-mail from an 85 year old relative and thought it would be nice to share FYI only.
Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is March 20--- Maundy Thursday). This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrews used to identify Passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.
Here are a couple of things you might be interested to know. Based on the above, Easter can actually be one day earlier than it occurs this year (March 22) but that is very rare. This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives, and only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this early (95 years old and above). None of us have ever, or will ever, see Easter come as early as March 22.
Here are the facts: The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so, if you're 95 or older, you are the only ones who were around for that!).The next time Easter will fall on March 22 will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818, so no one alive today has, or ever will, see it any earlier than this year! So, there you have it.
Oh, BTW, let me and my family be the first to send our wishes for
" A Joyous Springtime and A Memorable & Happy Easter!"
From the land down under

4 comments:

Mildred said...

Iam sure aware of this Easter tidbits.Thanks Melle. Aren't we blessed that we will experience this important event in our lifetime? We should be reminded of the significance of Easter, and that Jesus rose from the grave to save us from our sins that we might have eternal life if we put our trust and faith in Him. From the Espiritu family,"Happy EASTER" to everyone and may God bless our class.

Manongdo said...

Hi Marimel, Are you now Australia down under? My family immigrated to Sydney Australia. I visit Sidney more than the Philippines. I look forward to seeing you and Gary this July. :) Cynthia

Melle said...

Hi Cynthia, I would love to meet up with you. When are you coming over? Let me know ok?

I come to Sydney every now and then to visit my children . They miss my cooking and cleaning a lot.

Regards to your family.

Melle

Manongdo said...

Happy birthday sa May 24. Remember we were born on the same day? Everytime I remember you, I think of your polynesian dance. I am your opposite, I can't cook and can't clean and I am still trying to learn how to dance...LOL..:)