A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random Thoughts on Day Two

The last several days has brought back so many great memories of nursing school. It seems like yesterday but at the same time so long ago. Doesn't make sense but I am sure you all know what I mean.

I always thought of myself as the reluctant nurse; my enrollment in nursing was really a parental mandate and not a choice. Only now do I value this wonderful gift.

Nursing has been my great window to life -- its beauty and its opportunities. In spite of the ups and downs during the last 30 years, I am finally happy and finally at peace. And definitely enjoying being single!

I have learned my greatest life lessons from my patients -- how to stop and smell the sampaguita since life is so brief.

Enough serious thoughts for the day. It's time to get back to work. I have bills to pay and sons who think I am their ATM. :-)

No comments: