A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Greetings from LA!

Hi everyone! After 5 years of college and completing rural work and passing the board...nightingale's prodigal daughter went to fly with Philippine Airlines for 25 years. Got to attend the reunion in San Pedro and hopefully come to sfo in July. I'm now with Joyce ..I resigned from PAL in 2005.. Mayette Pineda was my passenger several times and met up with Maolu in the 80's and was in touch with Telly...Gina Garcia was with me when I gave birth to my first born and was there the whole time I was in labor...what a blessing! Gina Bart was there too when my son was confined in the hospital and she was a nursing sup (nursing services ofc)...So everyone is in US except for Pinky who is still flying, Faith who went back home and Carmencita Roldan and Julie! Hi Julie! Do you have a copy of our pix in Bulacan..that's my favorite pix..on the swing and with roses in our hands pa! I'm now with Time Warner Cable sitting at my desk in front of the computer and with a headphone the whole day ...Must have a hearing loss on my right ear after years of flying and with twcable I might just lose my left ear too...not a day passes without someone screaming on the phone..Tried to post some pix but haven't learned how to yet..I just remembered what my daughter said before when I started using the computer and kept asking her the same questions, "Ma,di pa ba uso si Bill Gates when you were in college?" Joyce just spoke with Ruby B re posting in the blog and Ruby hasn't heard of Mr. Gates either!!! ha ha ha! I dont know how I'm even able to trouble shoot internet issues over the phone at work... take care and much love to all of you! Mmmmmmmwah!

4 comments:

Veron Orpilla Benitez said...

Hi Joy! I am very glad that you were able to get into our blog...I was dying to hear from you through our blog...Finally you got signed in. So. No words yet from Pinky. Maybe Julie can find her in PI.
Regards. Send us pictures of your kids too. Dying to see all of our children. Love you, Veron

Manongdo said...

Looking forward to seeing you in July at Foster City. Di ba high school pa lang magkasama na tayo? Remember Abi Yulo? I wonder where is she? Oh my, my memory is failing me Joy. Also barkada natin yong dentista di ba? I forgot her name already. Do you also remember Elizabeth Ching? Naging architect siya sa UST. Wow! Time passes by so quickly. Remember we were cadet sponsors? ha.ha..ha.those were the days......we will talk again...C

Melle said...

Hi Joy. I have been reviewing the blog and I'm glad I did otherwise I missed out on your post.
Kamusta ka na Joy? You still look the same in the pics. Maganda pa din! Hope to see you soon. Ang sarap niyo diyan madami kayong magkakasama. I think ako lang ang nandito sa Australia. Meron ka bang na meet na classmate natin while you were flying from Sydney to Manila. Gary is a frequent PAL flyer and he visited Sydney every 3 months especially between 2003 - 2005. There were times when his seat would be upgraded to Business Class when they are looking for a doctor on board. PALakasan din ba doon? BTW,Do you know Mandy Perez? She used to work with PAL too. I hope you are enjoying your new job. Regards to Joyce.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
Saan ka sa L.A.? For I plan to visit a friend there before or after the reunion. Take care. Julie