A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Guess what!


Guess what I unearthed yesterday as I was perusing through the pages of a really old album of mine. I am sharing this with you all, dear classmates, albeit this is mainly for Melle. I've known all along that we were classmates in grade school at Stella Maris although I doubt that I've ever brought it up with you, Melle. Well, here's a little blast from the third grade. You're in the first row standing to the left of Miss Dionisio, our homeroom teacher. I'm also on the first row, fourth from the left. Melle, you were always as cute as a button even back then...ahlavit!!! Okay, now that I've amused everybody, let me get back to this business here re: our memory video.
I've downloaded all of the beautiful pics you've all posted of previous reunions and they averaged at 640 x 480 resolution. That is fine if it's the highest you can go. I'll work around it. If you can, if at all possible, scan them at higher res, like 1280 x 960, they will come out better in video. Check settings/preferences before you scan to choose the resolution. Solicit the help of your offsprings if you're technically-challenged.
Veron, I need for you to drum up some more support from our other classmates --- especially the ones we only have phone #s of. Can you call them por favor? And we need more pics from the old St. Luke's days. Get those old pictures out where the sun can shine on them. Btw, Oddie, the pic of Ms. Alcantara from the alum site is not downloadable, so I'm figuring out a way to grab it. Patti, I still have not gotten a yea or nay from you about writing the script. Would you do it, pleeeeease (I'm literally on my knees begging you with puppy dog eyes...blink...blink...)
Folks, this video will only be as good as the stuff that I will have available to work on. So please make time to look for your old pics, if you have any, okay? Trust me, it'll be time well spent. The sooner you can get them to me, the better because this will take time to organize and create...Muchas gracias, everybody. TGIF!

1 comment:

Melle said...

Hi Geegee. I was really shocked to see my grade 3 photo. I thought I uploaded it by mistake and posted it in the blog. Well, so you must be the one bullying me in class then. LOL just kidding... hey, do you know by chance the wherabouts of Epiphany Diores (the girl on your left in that photo) ..... I would really really love to see her again. she was as you said like me "as tiny as a button " LOL Anyway that photo brought me back to memory lane. My uniform looks too faded. .... hmmmm hand me down from my 3 elder sisters. I think that is the reason why I left Stella Maris College after grade school.... and the idea worked alright ... when I moved to another school I always wore new uniforms!!!!!! LOL

Thanks again Geegee, I've had a big laugh of the day. I felt 40+ years younger suddenly. I wouldn't mind if you share more of whatever you can retrieve. Cheers!

Melle