A New Journey

Welcome to our weblog or blog for short. It's a great place to visit and chat with former nursing school classmates.

Come share memories of the past. Come share the happenings of the present.

Here's to rekindling old friendships and forging new ones!

What are you waiting for? Ready... Set... Post!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

California Nightingales....

California Nightingales are gearing up for their mini- reunion in May @ Odie Martinez' residence....Kailan na ba and who are attending? Excited na ako for all of you..Odie, please update us...
I am counting the days before the July reunion..Excited na din ako na makita kayong lahat. I will not miss this for a moment!!!
I was so blessed to see the Mid-Atlantic Nightingales at our reunion and I am really longing for more fellowship with all of you..We were like in college again-- no inhibitions, free, all guards down, walang pataasan, walang ano na ang status mo or what?---walang ganoon akong na-feel...We were there to enjoy each other--just being us..Ang saya-saya talaga!!! I just want to share this with all of you--the acceptance, happiness, love and joy I felt when we saw each other at the reunion--what a moment! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all the Mid-Atlantic Nightingales for such a wonderful time!!! I miss all of you already!!

5 comments:

oddie said...

Hi Ruth....So. California reunion in San Diego will be on May 25...word is out through Telly and Chato, but will still send invitation by mail since not everyone opens their e-mails...I will be using the roster sent by Rachel, so if anyone's name and address is not there, and you hear about the reunion, you are still very welcome.Everyone is invited, all of you from out of town too.

Rachel said...

I agree 100% Ruth, we had so much fun. We were so carefree.
You know, when I was on the plane back to Texas, I was a little bit anxious because I was going back to my busy life. Mabuti pa noong college tayo parang palaging "sleepover" sa dorm. Hindi pa natin problema and mag diet kase wala naman tayong masyadong pagkain...except the food we buy from across the fence.

I would love to go to the California mini reunion but I will see all of you in July anyway. Have fun!!!

Mildred said...

Rachel, you are so funny about mentioning our gourmet dishes across the fence. Yes, I enjoyed those happy times, we can eat anything we want because food was very scarce and we don't have enough money back then. But those were the precious moments that should last a lifetime.We have lesser worries, lesser stresses and lesser problems compared to the busy life in the US.I had a good time in our Mid-Atlantic reunion. I hope that the West Coast reunion will have a successful and energizing get together like we had.More power to you West Coast classmates. HAVE FUN AND SAVOR EVERY MOMENT OF IT.GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Oddie, how I wish I move my flight to an earlier date to attend the gathering you are hosting. But I am looking forward to seeing all of you at Sarah's reunion and thereafter events. I am very excited to see all of you. The more I cannot post my pics now kasi sunog ako from staying so much under and out of the sea. It is beach time in Pinas!Inggit ako kina Melle and Gary! Wow, the glacier. All these events you girls are organizing and done are all uplifting! Reunions, anniversary, wedding bells, renewal of vows and faith, hurdling all obstacles and contributing to make these endeavors (and life) a success is awesome! CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY! CLASS 1978 TRULY ROCKS!

oddie said...

Ruth...are you bringing us crabs from Maryland too at Sarah's house? Kung walang crabs, lobsters na lang, pwede na rin...joke lang!!!!